SOON_ is looking for a Frontend Developer to join its technical team.
You should be comfortable working with any modern framework (eg. React or Angular). You're at the stage where you’re looking to gain more experience with server side programming and platform engineering (full-stack) and looking for a supportive, encouraging environment to help you pursue that.
This role would suit developers with a broad focus; interested in frontend, backend, devops and everything in between!
What you will be doing
- Working closely with the design team on a day to day basis.
- Getting involved in projects across frontend, backend and devops.
- Helping to maintain internal processes and standards in collaboration with other members of the tech team
- Identifying interesting new technology-related trends, techniques, tools and methodologies.
- Mentoring less experienced team members.
- Helping to scope and define effort for build requirements on a variety of projects.
To get an idea of the kind of work we do take a look at some of our open source projects on https://github.com/thisissoon
What skills are we looking for:
- 3-5 years experience in a digital agency, creative company, digital start up or product team.
- Strong knowledge of frontend web technologies (HTML5, CSS3).
- Solid experience with CSS (Grid, Styled Components) and use of preprocessors (eg. Sass, PostCSS).
- Working knowledge of frontend build tools (Node, Webpack).
- Experience with NodeJS server-side rendering.
- Experience writing automated unit tests.
- An interest in server-side web technologies for API development (Node, Go).
- Good Unix/Linux and shell skills (we use Docker for everything so you should at least be able to run it on your machine).
- Foundational knowledge of data structures and common design patterns.
- Working knowledge of version control systems (Git).
- Experience working with 3rd party APIs (GraphQL experience would be a plus).
Nice to have
- An interest in DevOps, web infrastructure (Kubernetes) and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment.
- Familiarity with serverless environments (Firebase, Cloud Firestore, Cloud Functions).
- Experience working with non-relational databases (Cloud Firestore, Dgraph, Redis, RethinkDB).
- Experience working with WebGL and web animation to produce rich visual experiences.
What you’ll get out of it
You will be working directly with senior members of a very talented technical team, so this is an amazing chance to work with and learn from the best.
We’re a small company and a tight team - we work collaboratively, we share load, we have deep specialist experience but often blend roles.
We work hard, talk straight and it’s a bullshit free zone.
We’re also a tech start-up — researching, prototyping and building our own products as part of our R&D process. You’ll be actively involved in this with opportunities to explore technologies you’re most interested in.
We pay fair London wages and encourage decent amounts of holiday.
Competitive salary and benefits available to the right candidate depending on experience.